Why thrift shopping is much more fun // tips and ideas for a good find

Monday, September 21, 2015



Thrift shopping is a thing that you either love or hate. With a good portion of luck and preparation you can find the most amazing things for the most awesome price. It's kind of like riding a bike , you get better the more you do it.

Let's start off with saying that every piece ( well almost every piece) is unique and it won't be easy to find someone with the exact same thing. As for if you go buy something at for example; Zara, H&M. Most likely a few people in your school will have the same piece and it will feel less original.

Designer quality, thrift prices. The most important things about thrift shops is the price. They range from 1 £ / € ( I don't have a dollar on my keyboard what??!!) to let's just say 60 because some shops are more explicit than others.

You can really ( I mean really) find amazing quality pieces for the best price. Levi's, GAP, Chanel,... I mean you can probably find any designer brand at the thrift shop. Old vintage pieces from designer brands and it only costs 10 €/£ !! What more could you ask for?

Customise and rip apart. You can cut and sew as much as you want with the pieces! If somebody told me to do this with a 40€/£ jeans I would never ever ( I would probably totally ruin it ) do it! That's where thrift stores come in handy, because who cares if a cheap jeans or shirt gets ruined. It's 2015, you can rip as much as you want ( haha that sounds a little weird) It's trendy, the more ripped the better. :)

The best tip I could give you is be prepared. Know what you are looking for and do some research on good quality brands or ask a friend who goes to a thrift store quite often and ask what they think of it or maybe they can come with you to help you choose.
It's better when there is someone who can give you their opinion but remember that what you think about yourself is the most important opinion.

The only thing I have left to say is have FUN. It's an unique and interesting experience that will give your wardrobe a transformation. Good luck and let me know what you find.

                                                                          xxx, Emma

( pictures used are not mine)







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Image Credits

All images are my own. If not it is stated underneath the blogpost. If you want to use any of my pictures please contact me and give me the credit.