Why smiling is good for you // A day not laughed is a day not lived

Sunday, October 04, 2015


Everybody knows that smiling is attractive and an amazing feeling but it's actually really healthy and can boost your happiness instantly. A day not laughed is a day not lived.

Do you start your day with a smile? Do you look in the mirror and smile? Are you happy with what you are doing and what you are right now? 
A few question that a lot of people would answer no to. But why?! Why don't you smile at your reflection in the mirror? Don't you like what you see? I know it's hard to love yourself and it's definitely hard to understand that everybody has flaws but why wouldn't you feel beautiful? I used to hate my body, my nose , my hair,... I used to look in the mirror and look away because I was so disgusted with myself. Until one day everything just changed for me. I smiled when I looked in the mirror and you know what.... I actually thought I was pretty and I looked good. I had to work on this feeling nonstop and I still have days that I look at myself and think " I look horrible" but that's normal. Confidence is great but to much confidence leads to cockiness.

Lesson numbero 1 is always always to love and accept yourself no matter what! Wright this down in your diary , on your mirror , just a place that you would see it everyday. 
But smiling is actually super healthy ! Did you know this? I had no clue until I searched a bit more and found these amazing things:
  • Better Mood – The endorphins do more than kick stress to the curb. Endorphins lift your mood. Feeling down? Slap a smile on your face, even if it isn’t entirely genuine at first, and turn your entire day around with something simple, easy to do, and free.
  • Kill Pain – Smiling and laughter both have been shown to lessen pain. They release endorphins that lift our moods, but many of these act as natural painkillers too. Who knew??? This is amazing because I'm definitely a person that hates medicine.
  • Contagious – Around 50% of people smile back. This spreads the health benefits throughout those around you and it comes back to you several times as well. I know I do for sure. When somebody smiles at you on the street it just intensely amazingly lifts your mood ! :) 
  • Look Younger – Smiles naturally lift the face and in studies have shown to make people look younger, around 3 years younger on average. And to be honest isn't that what we all want ?! haha 

Now that you now what smiling does to your body and to other people around you, It sounds awesome to smile more, right? 
I am a bubbly and smiley person I have to admit that I smile to much ahah but better than nothing. Do you smile enough on a daily basis? What are you going to do to change that? :) :)

JUST SMILE YOU'RE ALIVE! and if that doesn't make you smile , I don't know what will
You can see rainbows, feel rain , hear birds sing, you can travel , you can eat all the food you want, you have friends, you have a family that loves you ! Everything you need is here for you ! So just take a chance and dream

xxx, Emma 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

Image Credits

All images are my own. If not it is stated underneath the blogpost. If you want to use any of my pictures please contact me and give me the credit.